A Change in Direction
For those of you who were able to come to the Alliance meeting last month, you saw a bold vision of where our corporation and alliance are heading. If you did not, let me sum it up quickly before we go into details of how we are going to implement the vision:
- We will no longer be a solo mining corporation. We will become a balanced corporation and alliance, pursuing sustainable operations in mining, industry, PVE, and PVP content. We are no longer a mining/industrial corporation/alliance.
- We are transitioning from a laissez-faire culture where solo gameplay is our primary mode of operating and to a culture of working together to achieve more.
- This requires all of us to elevate our game, engage in corp and alliance activities more often, and shift our training to help each other reach these new goals.
I know this is not what you may have signed up for. While we’ve said from the beginning that we will be miners with teeth, there’s no doubt that many of you were recruited mining in the belts, and for the most part that’s what our corp has done the most consistently each week. Do not worry, mining will always have a place in our corp – but like I said above, we are working to become more balanced.
What does this mean for you as an individual?
- You are free to continue to play Eve as you want to play it and you will always have a home here in Daer-El Industries. However, you are going to see a lot more rewards and benefits coming to people who step up and start playing together while broadening our horizons.
What does this mean for us as a corp?
- We are going to shift our recruiting. We will be bringing in more PVE and PVP combat-oriented players who want to learn about fleet combat in both gameplay styles.
- We will be focusing heavily on the new player experience coming into the corp to make it easier for people to get up to speed on how the corp works and how they can start participating and contributing.
- The “Loyalty Points Per Cycle” has been upped to 100,000 from 100 to encourage the participation in joint operations in our fleet tracker on Eve-HR. Please note, this is intended for people working together – not everyone doing their own thing.
- The loyalty store has been revamped to include a variety of items including:
- Our priority doctrine fits
- Doctrine Ammunition
- Select Industrial BPC’s
- One Month of 0% Station Fees at Aice
- For a limited time, an extra 5,000,000 LP’s will be given out each time you participate in a fleet PVP ping with our allies in low sec
- For a limited time, an extra 100,000,000 LP’s will be given out once you have:
- Trained all 5 priority PVP (standard) Doctrines
- Purchased all 5 priority PVP (standard) Doctrine ships/fits (do not assemble them)
- Created a courier contract with the corp to move the unassembled ships/fits to Thelan
- Each month we will seek nominations on who our Most Valuable Player of the month is. This person will be included in the Officer’s meetings for the following month to represent the voice of our members. They should be someone who has:
- Engaged frequently in chat in Eve and on Discord
- Participated frequently in corp operations and events
- Helped fellow players out generously
- Embodied the ideals of balanced gameplay and participated in multiple styles of gameplay with the corp/alliance
This all represents a major shift in tone and culture for our corporation. We are moving from a culture where we all primarily play the game solo to one where we closely collaborate with one another and where we are deeply invested in each other’s growth and the growth of the corporation. I hope that you will join us on this magnificent journey towards being a sustainable, growing organization.
“We will no longer be a solo mining corporation. We will become a balanced corporation and alliance, pursuing sustainable operations in mining, industry, PVE, and PVP content. We are no longer a mining/industrial corporation/alliance.“